Ayurvedic Dietary ideals for the purity of mind
1. To eat in a relaxed mental state.
2. To have foods that feed the mind like almonds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, cucumber,
green vegetables, carrots, beets, sweet potato, turnips, pumpkins and squash. Fresh milk,
buttermilk and yogurt. Barley, rice and wheat. Moong beans. Apples, banana, dates, grapes,
honey dew melon, mangoes, oranges, plums, pomegranate and water melon. All fruits should
be firm and ripe and sweet.
Ayurvedic dietary ideals for joining with our cosmic spirit.
1. Food is an offering to your spirit.
2. Food is a loving exchange with the earth our mother
3. The effect of eating for the spirit is different than for eating just to be full or for
taste. When food is cooked with a devotion to oneself and loved ones it is a spiritual and
4. Non violent eating leads to purity of our inner nature and helps us along in our quest
to know our inner spirit.
5. Food that has come from environmentally sound agriculture and from people that are in
love with the food they grow benefits the macrocosm and the microcosms within an
- The Science of Life from India , Ayurvedic
Nutrition , Ayurvedic
of Bindi Beauty Products , Cooking
with the Asian System of Tastes , Eating
Rituals in Ayurvedic Philosophy , Indian
Seasonal-Cooking Philosophy , Individual
Body Type Nutrition , Taste
A book that I
would recommend for learning Ayurveda is Perfect Health :
The Complete Mind/Body Program for Identifying & Soothing the Source of Your Body's
by Dr. Deepak Chopra
Perfect Health by
Dr. Deepak Chopra
Shop for other Ayurvedic books